Vitrum Industries Ltd. dba Vitrum Glass Group has been supplying clients with top-quality products since 1997 from our facility in Vancouver, British Columbia. Vitrum has recently added a 65,000 sq ft fabrication facility five minutes north of Calgary, Alberta. Within our 345,000 sq ft of fabrication facilities, our 500+ full-time employees work 5 days a week, 24 hours per day to produce a wide range of architectural glass products including: insulated glass units, heat-strengthened glass, tempered glass, heat-soaked glass, spandrel glass, screen or digitally printed glass, shower doors, all-glass entry system and laminated glass – all available in over-sized configurations with a maximum insulated glass size of 98” x 190”.
From our two facilities, we serve markets throughout Canada and USA.
Vitrum is the Latin word for glass and we know glass better than anyone else. Our modern facility, along with automated machinery and decades of combined industry experience allows Vitrum to produce more glass and achieve better quality than any other glass fabricator in North America. With the annual capacity to produce over 20 million pounds of tempered glass and the ability to fabricate half-a-million insulated glass units, we are prepared for your next project, big or small.
For more information about our company please visit our website: http://vitrum.ca
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY WITH VITRUM
We are looking for an experienced Industrial Engineering Department Manager (NOC 0211) to join our company. This is a newly created position with great benefits and the opportunity for further career growth.
This job opportunity is open to all Canadians, permanent residents, Indigenous peoples, new immigrants and those previously employed in the armed forces.
· Completion of post-secondary education in engineering or automated technology or a related field is a requirement.
· Strong English language comprehension: Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
· Experience with operating Autodesk Civil3D, ESRI AcrMap, cad/cam, PLC Program, Industrial Electronics, Robotics programing, Delta Tau-PMAC Programming, Solidwords-CAD, Auto CAD is an asset.
· Strong computer administrative skills particularly navigating Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
· At least 10 years of experience working in an Industrial / Plant Engineering Manager / Supervisory / Consultant position is a requirement.
· Job title: Industrial Engineering Department Manager (NOC – 0211)
· Vacancy: 01
· This is a full-time, permanent position (atleast 40 hours per week).
· Location of work: 9785 – 201 Street, Langley, BC, Canada V1M 3E7
· Language: English
· Start date: As soon as possible
· Wage: $96.15 CAD per hour with extended medical and dental benefits.
· Ability to work under pressure and work overtime is an asset.
· Travel costs are covered by the employer, if the potential employee resides outside the Province of British Columbia.
1. Plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates the activities and operations of our engineering department.
2. Provides strategic guidelines to technicians, technologists and analysists in the engineering department to ensure quality of fabricated glass.
3. Develops and implements policies, standards and procedures for the engineering of glass machinery to produce fabricated glass as well as other technical work performed in the engineering department at our manufacturing plant.
4. Develops integrated manufacturing systems and procedures as well as conducts time studies and work simplifications program for the industrial plant.
5. Assigns, coordinates and reviews the technical work of the engineering department and / or project teams.
6. Works closely with our Human Resources department to recruit personnel and oversees development and maintenance of staff competencies in required areas.
7. Supervises technician, technologists, analysts, administrative staff onsite and other engineers and mentors new engineers to comply with the overall operations.
8. Studies new machinery, improves existing machinery, assists other engineers to develop and build automation technology and machines to facilitate production system.
9. Reports directly to Board of Directors regarding profitability and ensures cost control and product quality.
10. Maintains good working relationships with internal and external stakeholder groups / partners, contractors, consultants and the public and exhibits strong interpersonal skills to work efficiently with those in the group if required.
To apply for this position please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 9785 – 201 Street, Langley, BC, Canada V1M 3E7.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.