West Systems Electrical was founded in 2003 to forge a new and innovative venture. In 2005, West Systems acquired Alpine Electric Ltd. (est. 1974), Whistler’s most established and respected electrical contractor. As a high-quality, large-scale commercial and residential electric and data systems company, we always strive to exceed our client’s expectations.
We see to hire an Purchasing manager to join our growing team. This position involves Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the purchasing activities of an establishment increase our project efficiency and reduce operating cost etc.
- Developing purchasing policies and procedures for bid proposals and procurement of goods and services.
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business.
- Purchase electric products used for company's projects from contracted manufacturers and suppliers.
- Implement purchasing policies and procedures and ensure they meet all applicable legal requirements, policies and procedures, and company's targets and objectives.
- Evaluate the quality of the electric products purchased according to the company’s requirements and specifications.
- Negotiate purchasing contracts with electric product suppliers in terms of cost, term, and
conditions, and ensure the compliance with legal requirements and company policies.
- Analyze and make informed purchasing decisions based on market trends, pricing fluctuations, inventory stock levels, and shipping lead times.
- Collect, organize and review purchasing records, ensure inventories level meet the company's requirement.
- Responsible for negotiating, analyzing, managing and executing contracts.
- Build network and maintain strong relationships with existing suppliers and source potential qualified suppliers for the best interest of the company.
- Manage the company’s day-to-day purchasing activities and ensure that all purchasing agents are meeting their performance standards.
- Recruit, train and coach purchasers and monitor their performance to maintain competency.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, commerce, economics or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience as a purchasing manager.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude across all levels of activity and communication both within the company and with suppliers.
- Strong knowledge of the supply chain, sourcing, inventory control and applicable laws and regulations is a strong asset.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and to work well under tight timelines or respond to changes in priorities.
How to apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com, quoting the job title (Purchasing Manager) in the email subject.