In-Joy Montessori is a group Montessori daycare with two locations in Burnaby, British Columbia. We are looking for a full-time Early Childhood Educator (Infant and Toddler) to join us.
Employer: In-Joy Montessori Children’s Center
Business address/location of work: 5375 Gilpin Street, Burnaby, BC V5G 2H8
Job title: Early Childhood Educator (Infant and Toddler)
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: $18- $21 per hour
Terms of employment: this is a permanent, full-time position
Job duties and responsibilities:
• Plan and develop appropriate child-care programs and activities based on observation of individual children;
• Maintain daily open communication with parents;
• Be responsible for a variety of duties that include reading stories, teaching song and observing children for signs of potential leaning or behavioral problems;
• Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities and special activities;
• Provide opportunity for creative expression through the activities;
• Prepare progress reports and discuss the progress reports with parents and other staff members;
• Help all parents participate in their child’s study;
• Release children only to those authorized by parents/ guardian, to ask for identification in order to ensure that the authorized pick-up has been verified;
• Attend and contribute to all staff meetings.
• Completion of a college program in early childhood education (infant and toddler) is required;
• Early Childhood Educator Infant/Toddler Licence/Certificate to Practice in BC is required;
• Criminal Record Check is needed;
• Doctor’s Note is required;
• Oral and written communication in English;
• Enthusiasm to work with young children in infant toddler daycare setting;
• Reliable and responsible;
• Patient and love young children;
• Capable in planning, preparing and implementing age appropriate activities indoor and outdoor;
• Strong leadership and communication skills;
• Able to multi-task and share daily route works;
• Good team player;
• Initiate and learn fast.
Contact Information: by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please send your resume in PDF or Word format to the contact email address. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.