Carrara Tile & Marble Ltd.
Carrara Tile & Marble Ltd. is a family owned and operated company specializing in stone, ceramic, and porcelain products, as well as custom fabricated natural stone and quartz countertops.
We have been in business for over 30 years and are very passionate about what we do. The company was founded in 1985 by Matteo Vaccaro and his sons and is now going strong in it’s third generation. We are proud to continue serving Winnipeg and its surrounding area as our grandfather did from day one.
We are here to help homeowners and contractors alike through the renovation process, offering both sales and installation. Whether you have a design idea in mind, or require recommendations, we can accommodate you. We help our customers along the way with everything from colour and style decisions, to the type of setting materials to use to get their job done.
Prompt and personalized service is our promise to you.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are currently looking for an experienced PATTERNMAKER (stonework) to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have years of experience in creating decorative and innovative patterns for stonework purposes.
· Lay out and cut sheet metal patterns used to cut stones for building and monuments, working according to blueprints
· Calculates dimensions of pattern from blueprints or scale drawings
· Lay out and draw pattern on sheet of metal, using square, rule, compass, scribe, and marking pencil
· Cut pattern from sheet, using hand shears
· Measure and compare pattern with specification, using rule and caliper
· Mark identification figures on pattern and files it in rack according to markings
· May draw scale drawings of stone blocks from rough or detailed sketches
· High-school diploma
· 2 – 3 years of experience in patternmaking (stonework)
· Excellent understanding of stonework pattern-making process, including landscaping placement and material costs
· Good English language skills
· Hourly rate of $23.50 for 40 hours per week, overtime rate applies after 44 hours per week
· Benefits: Medical, Dental, Disability
· Location of work: 491 Warsaw Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, R3L 0R2
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and samples of your work by replying to this post. Only those who meet the requirements would be contacted for the interview.
Please visit our website at https://www.carraratile.ca/ to know more about our products and services!